nxt program for course

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
whitedragonx

nxt program for course

Post by whitedragonx »

I need help in programming and building a robot that goes around to gather high-scoring, colored balls. There will be Ball Color
white, red, blue, green, yellow, and black balls in a straight line. I need the robot to follow a white line and if it needs to pick up the ball with the highest point value. White being the highest point and black being the lowest. So 5 balls are in a line, it needs to decide by passing each ball and then deciding and picking up only the highest valued ball. The balls will be in random order. Only three balls will be placed in a line and could be any color. So robot has to decide which ball has the highest point value and then pick that ball up.

Also, can anyone help in posting a robot that can pick up multiple balls then deciding which one is the highest valued ball or just pick the right ball with nxt programming.

Can only use lego mindstorms nxt kit pieces

Thanks
hassenplug

Re: nxt program for course

Post by hassenplug »

I suspect many people here would be willing and able to help with your homework. But much fewer would be willing to simply do it for you. I'd encourage you to spend some time thinking about how you may want to solve this challenge, yourself.

A couple things to think about:
1) How many motors are required to do this?
2) How many sensors are required (and what kind of sensor)?
3) What sensors & motors are available to you.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
whitedragonx

Post by whitedragonx »

I have 3 motors two for the wheels and one for the ball grabber
I curently have the program working but i cant figure out a if then senerio like if i detects a ball do this and if it detects a wall do this. I am using a color light and ulteasonic sensor sensor
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Welcome to the club!

How do you think we all started programming?

I suggest you search for lego nxt, you will find lots of sites with various robots which might give you an idea of where to start.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.