NXT-G, NXC, I2C..What to use to make fastest operations?

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
afanofosc
Site Admin

Re: NXT-G, NXC, I2C..What to use to make fastest operations?

Post by afanofosc »

I asked HiTechnic about this and it looks like the firmware on the SuperPro may not reset the waveform generator when you change the mode from one waveform to another. I would have thought that it would since it otherwise would have to remember the last point on each specific waveform in order to continue from where it left off. I would recommend running more tests to see if switching to any other waveform mode gets it to reset back to the start of the waveform or not. I only have the same capabilities that the NXT-G block exposes, to the best of my knowledge.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
peter-cocteau

Re: NXT-G, NXC, I2C..What to use to make fastest operations?

Post by peter-cocteau »

Thanks John, I've mailed to HT yesterday too.

Yes, what you say is exactly what I felt. I tried it again with all different waveform modes (DC, PWM, ....) but it doesn't change anything.

I just understood the good point about "no-reset" : sound does not click when changing tone.
In fact frequency input is the only parameter that does not make the analog output click. Clicks appear when changing voltage or waveform parameters.

For now I'm thinking of electronics to add, may be digital output triggering an enveloppe generator. There's so much to imagine and choose... :)

Peter.