nxc utilities

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
brothman01

nxc utilities

Post by brothman01 »

hey,
I have the NXC utilities.. and in terms of functionality, it works great.. but often when I click on whitespace it puts the cursor at that spot in that line, even if I have not 'reached' that spot in typing.. as if that were putting the cursor at a tab there. How do I fix this? Is there a patch or something?
afanofosc
Site Admin

Re: nxc utilities

Post by afanofosc »

It sounds like you are talking about the code editor in NXTCC. Is that right? You may not be able to fix that in the current code. I don't recall if I exposed the ability to configured editor preferences in the code editor or not. In BricxCC you can control this behavior via the Preferences dialog on the Editor tab via the "Scroll past EOL" option. With this option turned on you can place the editor cursor in any position past the end of the current line. If you then start typing it will add whitespace to the point of the cursor. If you do place your cursor past the EOL (end of line) you can simply press End and it will move to the actual EOL. But if I did provide a way to configure the Editor options in NXTCC then you can simply turn off the "Scroll past EOL" option and that will fix your problem.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
brothman01

Re: nxc utilities

Post by brothman01 »

yeah, that is what I meant... but I didn't realize I could just press End.. ok, thanks!