Welcome to Mindboards

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
markcrosbie

Re: Welcome to Mindboards

Post by markcrosbie »

Hey Andy,

I wrote a tutorial for Bluetooth on Mac OS 10.5.8. Granted it's talking to pbLua, but maybe it's of some use to you.

http://www.mastincrosbie.com/Marks_LEGO ... opard.html

Regards,
Mark
loopymech

Post by loopymech »

Steve, Brian, John, Xander,

In a word, thank you! I too was starting to go through withdrawals in the absence of nxtasy. You guys *rock*!

-Loopymech
megamindstorm

Post by megamindstorm »

It is nice to see some people take the initiative to create a new forum. Sad I cant have my full name (only 15 characters megamindstorm101 is 16) and sad I lost all those precious PMs and forum posts. I will try to go here more often but I feel it just wont be the same. Its like starting fresh. All my stats are gone, all my friends are gone, all my posts are gone. But I will definitely try to spread the site to other lego mindstorms users. Cool name though mindboards :)

Thank you Xander Steve Brian and John

So who will be contributing to the blogs now? Assuming you will be running a blog.

EDIT: and I will definitely try to post on this forum more (only useful stuff of course) so that the website can go on a bit faster. The more people post (that is good content) the faster the site can kick off again. It is kinda hard to join a forum where there are only a few members and a few posts so the faster we get the site going the faster people see more content and more members join and we can run. :) its only a matter of time before this site gets as popular as the nxtasy forums were.
In A World Filled With Seemingly Endless Limitations....
-toshiba a long long time ago
sidneys1

Post by sidneys1 »

Now that was odd... The "Post Reply" button wasn't working for several days for me there. But it works now and I'm glad to say I'm here!

I think it is excellent that MindBoards has been created out of the dust and ruin of NXTasy.org. Also, I am glad to see that it has been hosted on such a flexible platform as Sourceforge. :D Maybe in the future you can implement such features as a Wiki or etc..

It will of course take much much time to rebuild the level of existing community contribution as NXTasy had, but I have patience and I'm sure it won't take too long. Maybe this time around we can somehow avoid 500 different topics all asking why their Bluetooth isn't working :D

Have a nice day,
~Sidneys1
My Mindstorms website: http://sidneys1.com
flybob

Post by flybob »

Firefox working fine now. Might have just tried it a little early on.
Thanks again for picking this up. Kind of like finding a lost dog .

Bob
i-fixed-it-44

Post by i-fixed-it-44 »

Note to all I changed my user name from x-treem to i-fixed-it-44!PS Love the site!!
Some projects are good others aren't,but everybody's a critic.
Vincent,On Lego.com known as MindstormsMonster
..::..:::I_Fixed_It_44:::..::..
rebelego

Post by rebelego »

Thanks! This is cool! I have been really frustrated since nxtasy.org disappeared.
rbnnxt

Post by rbnnxt »

Thanks for setting this up. I've really missed logging into nxtasy and hopefully this will soon fully replace (and better) what was there before.
linusa

Post by linusa »

Hi, I'm back! Or, to say it in internet language:
re
RWTH - Mindstorms NXT Toolbox for MATLAB
state of the art in nxt remote control programming
http://www.mindstorms.rwth-aachen.de
MotorControl now also in Python, .net, and Mathematica
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

linusa wrote:Hi, I'm back! Or, to say it in internet language:
re
Yeah! Though I have to say it took me a while to figure out why you would use lin USA as your name. Doh! It's kind of like a license plate a friend of mine has. It says RUGRTFL or something like that, meaning "are you grateful" but I always read it as "rug rat F L" for some reason.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/