NXT-G Arrays. Jason King blocks?

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
skittler

NXT-G Arrays. Jason King blocks?

Post by skittler »

I'm new to Mindstorms and NXT.
I am looking for an array implementation in NXT-G.

I could take the ideas from Brian Davies and tweak them a bit
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brdav ... arrays.png

but I'd like to check out Jason King's polymorphic array blocks too.
Any idea how to get hold of these files now that nxtasy has gone AWOL?

Thanks,
Dave
hassenplug

Re: NXT-G Arrays. Jason King blocks?

Post by hassenplug »

I don't have a copy of Jason's blocks, but here are some blocks I've made.

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html

The array block is for a single numeric array.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
skittler

Post by skittler »

Thanks Steve.
I've already borrowed a couple of your other blocks ;)

Unfortunately they are not editable, so in the end I copied Brian's array idea from scratch but added an Array_Name parameter into the Read and Write MyBlocks, so I can have more than one array being used at a time in a program.

I also created an Array_Clear MyBlock that takes an Array_Name and a Max_Index, and it makes sure no existing 'array files' exist for those slots, i.e. it's a clean initialisation before you start using any particular array.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Came across this project which includes an array block which might be the one you are seeking.

http://us.mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Com ... 99b885708a

I can't be certain, but I think the array blocks here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=191310 are relevant.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

Unfortunately, the first link says "You'll also need to find each of the custom blocks on the internet."

And the second is Brian's web page, which only contains pictures of various blocks.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Yes, but if you open the program the block is there. I didn't extract it because I thought anyone who wanted to use it would wish to see it 'in situ' so they could decide if it was what they wanted.

The png's on Brickshelf show all the details necessary, all you have to do is re-create them in your own program. That is not to say that they are related to the 'Jason King' block because I am not sure.
Array Block.zip
NXT-G array block. Might be the one designed by Jason King but no guarantee.
(17.43 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Went through the entire program this time and found another version of the array block which seems to have the same functions but the connections are in different places. They both have the same number of connections as the NXTasy block so possibly Mr Reiber has 'repackaged' it into his own myblock?
Array Block 2.zip
Another version of the array block from the same program. Same connections but in different places.
(18.74 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
I was working on the assumption that the 'Jason King' block was the one posted by Guy Ziv because it was the only one I could see apart from the Simple Array Block already mentioned which is in the 'Team Hassenplug' site. Perhaps I was wrong, I usually am.

This is what appeared in NXTasy for the Guy Ziv block.
Array Block Description.zip
Description by Guy Ziv from NXTasy.
(994 Bytes) Downloaded 290 times
Array Block Diagram.zip
Diagram from NXTasy
(50.51 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
I have searched the web (yet again) and the only reference I can find to the Jason King blocks are in the diagrams (Read Array-a & Read Array-b) on the Team Hassenplug site, and these refer to the blocks being in the forums, not the repository.
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXT-GCodeIndex.html

Is it possible that these were never in the repository as downloadable blocks but merely existed as diagrams in the forums? If so, these these are probably the only illustrations left showing how they worked.

On the plus side, there appear from the diagrams to be no special blocks, so maybe it is just the 'polymorphic wires' which are needed and these seem to be activated by the 'Modify User Settings' which is also on the TH site.
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html

If that is the case then it might be possible to re-create the missing diagrams for adding and deleting items.
bartcraft

Post by bartcraft »

I think these are Jason's array blocks, or at least the latest version of them left in our source control. They install OK but I didn't test beyond that.

Bart
Attachments
LMS Array Blocks.zip
(586.49 KiB) Downloaded 337 times