Remote Debugging and Data Analysis on the Lego EV3

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
lvoc

Remote Debugging and Data Analysis on the Lego EV3

Post by lvoc »

I wrote a tutorial that shows a how to analyze sensor data and variables in real-time applications. This can be handy when evaluating algorithm performance.
http://www.robotnav.com/debugging-and-data-analysis/
HaWe

Re: Remote Debugging and Data Analysis on the Lego EV3

Post by HaWe »

Lauro,
It's looking really great and I can't wait to test it on the ev3, especially because I'm working on navigation and map-and-explore-robots for the NXT already almost since about 8 years (once for the RCX by Java already more than 10 years ago) -
nevertheless I'm currently not able to do it on the ev3 because
- there is still no sensor API for BCC/C which I would urgently need
- the BCC API for buttons, lcd (and more things) is not 100% compatible to the original lms2012.h by Lego, and those incompatibilities lead to several issues at compilation time and run time
- and still missing is a feature for daisy-chaining
...because I at least will need to plug 7 ultrasonic sensors, a gyro, a compass, a gps, 2 IR beacon detectors, 14 touch sensors (8 of them plugged to a PCC8574 I/O muxer), my MAX127 based i2c MightyBoard for 8 Sharp IR obstacle detectors, 1 or 2 HT sensor muxers and 15 NXT/EV3 motors
so it won't make sense for the moment to start with either work if I'm not sure that I will be able to go ahead and not will be stalling on all of this when I finally got the basic data analysis tool working... (and I'm convinced that missing a convenient sensor API and daisy-chaining API is an issue for 99.9% of all current BCC/NXC users, too ) :roll:

But I'm really looking forward to such a consistent and convenient API to be available soon - gladly for BCC/C but maybe also for RobotC 4.0 (in case). 8-)