NXT-G color sensor block's sliders are locked!

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
haydenstudios

NXT-G color sensor block's sliders are locked!

Post by haydenstudios »

Hello, I am an NXT-G user, I consider myself an expert with some the the advanced programs that I have written, but I have had one problem that has so far not troubled me yet due to my lack of need for the current situations in which my robots have been placed so far, but it would still be very nice to have this problem solved. So, the sliders in the color sensor's configuration panel can be dragged across a full rainbow of colors, unfortunately, these sliders are fixed so that they can only reside at seven different positions. Does anyone out there know some kind of hack that can get the raw value of the color sensor in NXT-G, or perhaps unlock these sliders? I remember posting this only a few days before NXTasy crashed, but I never got to see any replies... :cry: . OH well! :) Please give me any info you can.
Last edited by haydenstudios on 05 May 2011, 01:10, edited 2 times in total.
-Hayden
mightor
Site Admin

Re: NXT-G color sensor block's sliders are locked!

Post by mightor »

If you want access to the full functionality of this sensor, you will need to use either NXC or some other programming language like ROBOTC or Lejos.

- Xander
| My Blog: I'd Rather Be Building Robots (http://botbench.com)
| RobotC 3rd Party Driver Suite: (http://rdpartyrobotcdr.sourceforge.net)
| Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use threads,"
| and then two they hav erpoblesms. (@nedbat)
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

I posted an NXT-G block that has outputs for red, green, and blue. It's listed as "Color Range Block".

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

hassenplug wrote:I posted an NXT-G block that has outputs for red, green, and blue. It's listed as "Color Range Block".

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html

Steve
Thanks for trying, but for some reason, when I try to open the folder in the block import and export wizard, nothing happens. The block import and export wizard has worked flawlessly for me on the Legacy blocks, the Battery Level block, the HiTechnic IRLink RCX communication block, and the HiTechnic Accelerometer sensor block. But for some reason it doesn't seem to work for your color range block. Please help!
-Hayden
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

Well, it looks like it's not going to work. I have too many different versions of stuff on my computer.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
palbarede

Post by palbarede »

Hi,

I am an new to Lego Mindstorms so I may miss basic points, although I am an experienced programmer in other areas.

I have a problem with the color sensor, related to haydenstudios's.

Initially the sliders are around yellow and I cannot set them to a other positions except around black (first and second ticks among seven possible).
Mac OS X.6.6.
Lego Mindstorms NXT v2.0
2009-03-25-1341

hassenplug's block would probably solve my problem, if it worked.

There are a few other painful bugs in Lego Mindstorms NXT.

-->>Is it worth reporting to Lego ?

Maybe no, as the software has not been updated for nearly two years now. They seem to provide minimal service.

-->> Is it possible to hack a text file somewhere to define the color ?

I am ready to shift to a text-based interface. I have Hansen's book on NBC/NXC with me. It seems to be OK for me because I would not like the graphical interface, even bug free, because it is slow to program.

Thanks for advice.