NXT Dashboard

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
afakeman

NXT Dashboard

Post by afakeman »

I'm making a simple robot w/ camera, ultrasonic sensor, 3 motors and a lamp. It's not controlled by program, I control it directly via Bluetooth. But when I'm use da standart remote controller, I can't turn on/off lamp or see ultrasonic sensor's data. So, what program can allow control it in Lego standat method, conrol lamps and display ultrasonic sensor's data? Mac version is more likely.
afanofosc
Site Admin

Re: NXT Dashboard

Post by afanofosc »

You might be able to do all these things that you want to be able to do using the NXT Tools for Mac OSX utility that I wrote. The variable watch tool should let you read the Ultrasonic Sensor values. The lamps may be controllable somehow. I'm not clear on how it is connected to your NXT. Is that attached to a sensor input or a motor output? With 3 motors I assume it must be connected to an input. The Direct Controller lets you set sensor type and mode by port number so it may enable you to turn on and off the lamp. Not sure.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
afakeman

Post by afakeman »

Довольно круто.
Quite cool, but in Brick joystick app I can't use arrow keys, I can control it only w/ mouse. Is there any way to control it w/ keyboard?
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

The numeric keypad should work - so long as you have num lock pressed. Also the numeric keys at the top of your keyboard will work. 2 is down, 4 is left, 6 is right, 8 is up. 7 is up-left, 9 is up-right, 1 is down-left, and 3 is down-right.

You can also use an actual joystick or gamepad if you have one connected to your PC. I don't support that on the Mac.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/