US ping

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
fedemartini

US ping

Post by fedemartini »

Hi.
I found a nxt-g block for US sensor "ping" mode reported in the book “Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms NXT”, referring to the “block repository” on nxasy. I looked in the nxtasy block repository, and on google too, but I cannot find it on the nxtasy site, nor elsewere.
Where may I find it? Does it work with the 2.0 version?
Maybe some good soul can point me to the right site..

Many thanks, and best regards

--Federico

(a new NXT enthusiast from Rome, Italy)
h-g-t

Re: US ping

Post by h-g-t »

There is an NBC program to do it here (ustests.zip) - http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc/samples/index.html
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

fedemartini wrote:Hi.
I found a nxt-g block for US sensor "ping" mode reported in the book “Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms NXT”, referring to the “block repository” on nxasy. I looked in the nxtasy block repository, and on google too, but I cannot find it on the nxtasy site, nor elsewere...
Unfortunately, nxtasy is no more. MindBoards has "taken the place of it". You won't find anything in the nxtasy repository, because it doesn't exist anymore. Now, if you attempt to go to nxtasy, it redirects you to MindBoards automatically.

I don't ever remember hearing anything about a ping block, but it is easy to do with NXC, so you should be able to use other blocks to do the same thing (or just learn NXC ;)).
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I have found a reference in nxtasy to a driver which sends and stores several pings in quick succession but the driver is not available.

However, it was posted by one of the admins here (Hassenplug) so, if it was what you were looking for, he might be able to help.

Sounds more like NXC than a NXT-G block though :-

"Steve Hassenplug contributed this modified driver written by Dick Swan, to continuously ping several Ultrasonic sensor at a time, and store the reading in the SensorValue[] for the program to use in the normal way.
The user program should include:
#include “NXT 3x Ultrasonic Driver.c to load the driver, and StartTask(UltraSonic3xDriver); to start the driver.
The number of US sensors, and the ports can be configured in the first few lines of the driver."

Found this NXT-G program to draw a 'radar' plot using the US sensor :-
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brdav ... /radar.png
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.