Restore Original Fw Nxt

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
miolafresca

Restore Original Fw Nxt

Post by miolafresca »

If I understand to interpret the code written and compiled with NCX i need to update the fw of NXT.
But if i turn restore the original fw of nxt, is possible?
Or the original fw of nxt recognizes the code write of nxc?
After upgrade the fw I still write sw with original prograaming software block of lego?

Thank you.
mattallen37

Re: Restore Original Fw Nxt

Post by mattallen37 »

You are not required to change the FW to use NXC. The original FW is supported by NXC. However, you won't be able to do everything you can do with EFW. Once you upgrade to EFW, you will be able to use all NXC commands, and it is 100% backwards compatible with NXT-G. There is no reason to want the original FW back.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

You can change the firmware to any version you want, either using NXT-G or the Bricx Command Centre.

There is a thread on the main page of these forums about using the BCC and you should read that as it includes references to changing the firmware.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
miolafresca

Post by miolafresca »

Now I checked and I noticed that the fw of the lego download is .rfw, equal to the fw of the Bricxcc on c:\programm\bricxcc\ims_arm_xxxx.rfw
My fear was that by modifying the fw could not be more reprogrammed with the original...

Thank you very very much...