Use a Wii Motion Plus, using I2C interface ?

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
hergipotter

Re: Use a Wii Motion Plus, using I2C interface ?

Post by hergipotter »

nxtreme wrote:Wow, thanks for posting this! I had a bit of a hard time finding the resistors in my (knockoff) Nunchuck too. However, I finally measured the resistance from the clock and data pins to the power pin, to figure out what size pullups were installed. Then, I searched the board for two resistors that were of that value. Just a little hint for next time ;).
Yes, i did that, too. But when measuring the resistance between data and clk and the power pin, i could not get any values so i figured that there were no pull ups.
It almost looks to me like you soldered everything to the jack for the Nunchuck, not the end that goes into the WiiMote. That might be why you couldn't find any pullups, although I could be wrong :).
I soldered the Rs and diodes there because there's enough space and now i still can use the WMP with the Wii (except the jack for the nunchuk of course).
link to my youtube channel under my avatar!
nxtreme

Post by nxtreme »

hergipotter wrote: Yes, i did that, too. But when measuring the resistance between data and clk and the power pin, i could not get any values so i figured that there were no pull ups.
Like they say, great minds think alike, your's just thinks faster :D.
hergipotter wrote:I soldered the Rs and diodes there because there's enough space and now i still can use the WMP with the Wii (except the jack for the nunchuk of course).
Oh, I thought that there was some sort of microcontroller or something between the connection to the Wii and the socket for the Nunchuck. I guess the ports are connected directly to each-other, am I right?

-EDIT- Edited for clarity...
One King to rule them all, One King to find them,
One King to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
On Earth where Shadows lie.
hergipotter

Post by hergipotter »

yes you're right, the ports are connected directly.
link to my youtube channel under my avatar!
stryker001

Post by stryker001 »

hey, just out of curiosity, will the NXTBee allow us to connect the WiiMote to the NXT? 'cuz the current WiiMote and NXT BT setup requires a computer in between, and if you want to skip the computer you have to wire up an adapter cable from the WiiMote directly to the NXT. Does anyone know yet if we can just do a direct WiiMote<->NXTBee?
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

XBee uses a very unique protocol, and is not BT. I don't see any way it would be possible.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)