Brickworld 2011 Super Sized Sumo Event

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
themindstormman

Re: Brickworld 2011 Super Sized Sumo Event

Post by themindstormman »

O.k I'm working on the program touch ups and then will post it.

when are the robots due by?
Themindstormman3141
Website admin of themindstormman3141.com
NXT FOR ALL
themindstormman

I think this is on day early.

this is the program. it is untested so if you want you can modify it. i want it to go forward and hit the line then go back a bit and spin until it sees the enemy. the go full speed at it. i know this isn't what the program does but if you want to modify it or have me modify it contact me here.

http://www.2shared.com/file/r-wLi01b/sumo_file.html

the ldd is here. it might be a little complicated to find where the nxt goes but please try and i can make better instruction if you want.
the left motor= B
right motor= C
color sensor= 3
Ultrasonic sensor= 4
um please know that it may be confusing and the building is a bit off. i mistake is the back wall there is a pin that looks like it should be there but isn't. add things in to reinforce it. also it has many unnecessary decorations that do not need to be there like the things over the wheels. look at my nxtlog robot if you want to see the modifications i did.

http://www.2shared.com/file/a85a4S8n/Sumo_LDD.html

any questions tell me here or on youtube.
-thanks
Themindstormman3141
NXT FOR ALL
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think that you are way too late. I submitted mine on June 14, and I think that I was still late, cause even a few days after submitting mine, I didn't see my robot on the list of pre-registered robots. And If I'm late by submitting my robot by the time I did, then you're definately late by submitting it yesterday. And besides, the way to enter it was to E-mail Steve, not post it here. I'm sorry, I wish the deadline weren't this soon too, but we're both too late. It's a real bummer.
-Hayden
themindstormman

crap i could've owned those 10 year olds
Themindstormman3141
NXT FOR ALL
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

Yeah, it is rather lamentable. Maybe something like this will happen at some point in the future. I hope.
-Hayden
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

We had a pretty large group of robots that showed up at the event. There was a sumo-building workshop at Bw, and in the end, there were 74 robots at the sumo event.

Friday evening, all robots had to qualify, by pushing a [very light] boat hull out of the ring. Any robot that was not able to do this, did not qualify for the event. Some entries that didn't qualify were not mobile, or would simply drive directly off the ring.

Saturday, we had twelve five-robot-pools, (60 robots) where all five robots would battle in three bouts against all other robots in the pool. All robots would fight three times, no matter who won, and receive 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss. We actually ran sumo matches for SIX HOURS on Saturday.

One pool had two robots tie for first, giving us 13 pool-winning robots. We also picked out the top three scoring second-place robots (second-chance) for a total of 16 robots which advanced to Sunday.

Sunday we had 16 robots compete in a single-elimination best-of-three tournament. Robots were seeded based on pool scores, and had to win two bouts to advance to the next round.

Only one robot finished the pool play with a perfect record. That robot went on to take first place overall, winning 20 of 22 bouts at Brickworld.

Go 'Vader'

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

That's nice. Might someone upload a video of some of the matches of this event at some point?

P.S. Was I too late with my entry?
-Hayden
inxt-generation

Post by inxt-generation »

I have the videos of my robot here. Came in 3rd place :!: :!: :!: This was my first time ever doing a sumo contest!! :twisted: :ugeek:
A.K.A. NeXT-Generation.
"A kingdom of heaven for RobotC now has recursion!"
mightor
Site Admin

Post by mightor »

Congratulations!

Please consider posting your videos to YouTube, they're much easier to share that way.

- Xander
| My Blog: I'd Rather Be Building Robots (http://botbench.com)
| RobotC 3rd Party Driver Suite: (http://rdpartyrobotcdr.sourceforge.net)
| Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use threads,"
| and then two they hav erpoblesms. (@nedbat)
inxt-generation

Post by inxt-generation »

mightor wrote:Congratulations!

Please consider posting your videos to YouTube, they're much easier to share that way.

- Xander
A.K.A. NeXT-Generation.
"A kingdom of heaven for RobotC now has recursion!"