Help debugging please

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
pavementpilot

Help debugging please

Post by pavementpilot »

I have tried and mostly succeeded at writing a program in NXT-G. I have one problem and was wondering if someone could try debugging it for me. The problem lies in displaying the total distance. I know the motor runs the correct distance. It is set for 9:1 drive ratio. I have written it in quite a few MyBlocks. Do I need to send just the main program or that and the blocks segments too?
The definition of insanity is doing a repeated task over and over again, but expecting a different outcome everytime
h-g-t

Re: Help debugging please

Post by h-g-t »

If you have created it in version 1.1 then it might be an idea to add each myblock as a separate program as well as the main program.

If you have used version 2.0 you can use the 'pack and go' option which bungs everything used in the program (sounds, pictures, etc) into one package.

In either case, send it as a zip file - the site will not accept .rbt files.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
pavementpilot

Post by pavementpilot »

I have pack and go. Should I just post it as an attachment and then anyone that wants to try debugging can do so?
The definition of insanity is doing a repeated task over and over again, but expecting a different outcome everytime
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Yup. Of course, you should also state what you thing is going wrong.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
pavementpilot

Post by pavementpilot »

I have written a program that asks the user for some data input using the nxt buttons. When I get to the display distance and speed screen, the distance is not showing up properly. I do beleive the distance traveled is correct, but that could be checked too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
pavementpilot

Post by pavementpilot »

I cant see my attachment. Did it work?
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Nope.
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

pavementpilot wrote:I cant see my attachment. Did it work?
Nope.
EDIT: Argh! Ninja'd by h-g-t.

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
pavementpilot

Post by pavementpilot »

I dont know what is wrong here. I am using IE9, and every page I load from this board has a message at the bottom stating 'only secure content is dispalyed' and when I upload the attachment, it uploads but will not post.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

qwerty
Last edited by h-g-t on 10 Apr 2011, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.