New Mindstorms Website

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
nxtrobot

New Mindstorms Website

Post by nxtrobot »

Hey I just created a new mindstorms website. I am going to use it to post my creations and other's creations which they submit. I am hoping to have all of my photos and programs gathered together by Saturday.'

Here is the URL:
nxtroboticgadgets.com

I have a feedback form as well (located on the main page, yellow) so let me know what you think and what it needs. :D
nxtrobot

Re: New Mindstorms Website

Post by nxtrobot »

I have updated my page. I have added an RSS Feed so that you can subsribe to it with any RSS Feed reader.
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

Cool! I like the design and the RSS feed. I do think the red background is a bit strong though. You should write your CSS seperately (in a file with a .css extension) and link it to your webpages with this bit of code in the <head> tag.

Code: Select all

<link href="/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
The members area is a nice touch. :D
nxtrobot

Post by nxtrobot »

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering what people thought of the red background? I will probably change it to a greyish or light blue color. I have a feed back button on the site as well. Thanks again.
nxtrobot

Post by nxtrobot »

Hi Everybody.

Just wanted to let you know that my website over the weekend has been completly updated. I have added all of the features that I said would be done this week. I hope you find these changes better (i.e. on the eyes, sorry about the redish background as many pointed out a little much. it looked better before it was published) and improved. I am going to explain a little of the features here and if you want to see the complete site, well head on over to nxtroboticgadgets.com.

NXT Robotic Gadgets.com is a place for people of all ages to come and see what I and others have created as well as the latest information about robotics. My goal is for you to make NXT Robotic Gadgets.com one of your stops (I follow a ton of mindstorms/robotic blogs as well). NXT Robotic Gadgets.com was started because I wanted to combine a lot of the features other blogs/news/robotic websites have. That is why I have chosen to also show people's creations as well as to bring news. I also have a Q&A section where you can send in an NXT related question and have it answered (if possiable). I do a ton of that on the MINDSTORMS MESSAGE BOARDS. NXT Robotic Gadgets.com has an RSS feed (thanks to somebodys feedback). This allows you to follow the happenings of NXT Robotic Gadgets.com without having to comming to the actual blog(although I hope you will continue to). I have found out that an RSS feed was an esential part that I failed to impliment in the begining. I also have an area where you can submit your creations for display in the creations area. I would love for you to put your creations in the Creation Showcase. Seeing the creations is a members only perk but membership is free and requires only a login and password with an e-mail for password retrieval. Your e-mail will never be used to send you stuff (unless you have submitted a creation and I need to get your photos) it is only used for the password retrieval system. Best of all membership is free. The news section is a blog of cool projects, news from me, news from other robotic sources, and project updates. I have enabled e-mail subscriptions, so if you want to recieve and update every morning in your inbox then sign-up. Finally each month I will put out a newsletter (only on the blog and home page of the website, no e-mail) with what will be coming to NXT Robotic Gadgets.com.

So if you haven't been over there please come by and check it out. Also I want feedback please leave it by clicking on the yellow "Feedback" button on the homepage.
nxtrobot

Post by nxtrobot »

saw feedback button was not working... will fix tonight.
nxtrobot

Post by nxtrobot »

I fixed the feedback form. sorry for the inconvienence...
nxtrobot

Post by nxtrobot »

Good Morning,

I have completely redone the nxtroboticgadgets.com website. Head on over and see what you think. There will also be a challenge on Wed. 19th.

Explore the site all you want. Send any feedback to webmaster "at" "nxtroboticgadgets"."com"
dimasterooo

Post by dimasterooo »

Great site! Can't wait for the challenge :) One thing: "Upcoming" page is not centered.
- Leon Overweel (aka. dimastero/ dimasterooo)

My blog: http://www.leonoverweel.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LayOn_OverWhale
spillerrec

Post by spillerrec »

A lot of broken image links. You shouldn't be seeing links like "C:/Users/robo_kid/Documents/webpage2/graphics/creations_Button.png" in a webpage. Be careful, just a simple folder address like this caries information about your (user) name, language and operation system.
My blog: http://spillerrec.dk/category/lego/
RICcreator, an alternative to nxtRICeditV2: http://riccreator.sourceforge.net/