Help! My NXT doesn't turn on

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
igorsoares

Help! My NXT doesn't turn on

Post by igorsoares »

Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with my NXT. It doesn't turn on and I can't figure out the problem. I've already tried the hard reset button and updated the firmware, but I got no response. Please someone help me!!!
haydenstudios

Re: Help! My NXT doesn't turn on

Post by haydenstudios »

First off, make absolutely certain that it is not turning on. Sometimes, if the firmware is either absent, or not properly installed, it will have a blank screen, and emit a soft clicking noise when it's on. Make sure this is not happening. If it is, then start up NXT-G, plug your NXT into your computer via USB, and download the firmware again. If you're sure it's not turning on, and you've installed fresh batteries, then contact LEGO and tell them of your problem. They will be happy to replace your broken NXT for you, and most likely for free.
-Hayden
igorsoares

Post by igorsoares »

haydenstudios wrote:First off, make absolutely certain that it is not turning on. Sometimes, if the firmware is either absent, or not properly installed, it will have a blank screen, and emit a soft clicking noise when it's on. Make sure this is not happening. If it is, then start up NXT-G, plug your NXT into your computer via USB, and download the firmware again. If you're sure it's not turning on, and you've installed fresh batteries, then contact LEGO and tell them of your problem. They will be happy to replace your broken NXT for you, and most likely for free.
It doens't make any sound, and the batteries are good too. And I've already contacted LEGO with my problem, I'm waiting the answer. Anyways, thank you =)
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

igorsoares wrote:It doesn't turn on and I can't figure out the problem. I've already tried the hard reset button and updated the firmware, but I got no response.
Do you mean you actually replaced the firmware, or you TRIED to replace the firmware?

If you actually replaced the firmware, the NXT is powering up (some). It's possible the display and speaker are not working.

If you can not replace the firmware (PC does not recognize the NXT when you plug it in) I'd spend more time looking at the batteries. Make sure they're in correctly, and try another set.

Where did this NXT come from?

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
mvallance

Post by mvallance »

LEGO UK kindly replaced 2 faulty NXT bricks recently. Only 2 yrs old though.
pyroblast

Post by pyroblast »

Hi there guys.

I have jut updated my LEGO NXT through this software: BricxCC. I don't know it is supposed to update the firmware like that but I did that way.

My screen doesn't turn on, however a can hear a kind of noisy as someone told up here.

I don't what to do, can someone help me out?

Regards.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.