Datawires into a switch block

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
antobor

Datawires into a switch block

Post by antobor »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, so let me apologize in advance if this doesn't belong here.

The problem I am having is while trying to create outside connections into my swithblock the datawires wrap poorly or don't connect at all. Is this common? Is there a fix? Will NXT-G not allow this type of connect to be made?

I'm using NXT 2.0 education.

Thanks
h-g-t

Re: Datawires into a switch block

Post by h-g-t »

Best if you show us what it looks like.

Go to file, print, then print to html.

In amongst the output there will be a graphics file which you can post here.

You said 'my switchblock', if you are creating a 'myblock' which has inputs and/ or outputs you must have data wires connected to the block before saving it.

The resulting block will have 'terminals' to which wires can be attached.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
antobor

Post by antobor »

Thanks for the reply. I will try and get some program print outs. As for the block it is number variable write to a multiplication inside the standard switch block. It is not in a myblock. This should be very easy and standard. I have seen pictures in books of this being done. Could it be that I'm running it is windows 7?

Rick
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

You may want to uncheck the "Flat" checkbox on the switch. That should allow you to run wires in and out of a switch.

Also, there's a "Modify User Settings" add-in on this page: http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html

...that allows you to turn on "advanced" users, that shows data connectors on wires in switches.

Hope that helps
Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
antobor

Post by antobor »

Thanks for the reply. I got the switch block to work and also tried the Mod user settings. I tried installing them in the projects folder, but it did show up. There aren't any .vi file in that folder. Could you direct me to the correct path. I would really like to try some of the add-on in the site. I am using Windows Vista 32bit with nxt 2.0.

Thanks again.
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

I don't have any suggestions as to why it didn't show up. Did you restart NXT-G after installing the software?
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->