Custome Flex Cables & RJ12 Connectors for NXT

Discuss anything and everything. Keep it clean (or else).
rkirchhof

Custome Flex Cables & RJ12 Connectors for NXT

Post by rkirchhof »

I wanted to make my own flex cables for my son's Mindstorm, but I didn't want to pay, what some 3rd party vendors are selling them for. So; after a bit of research I found a place in China that sells the connectors and I found the cable locally. Only problem is I had to buy in mass quantities. So now I have 100 Ft. of cable and 1000 connectors. Total costs around $200.00. The connectors were only five cents each before shipping and fund transfer cost. In the US the best price I could find was $60 for 100 or 6 for 10 bucks!

I know many other Mindstorm enthusiast are like minded so I’m offering my surplus on eBay at a much more reasonable price. 50 connectors for 20 bucks. I'm only trying to break even not get rich. When there all gone then I'm done. Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0660584017 for more info.

Thanks
mattallen37

Re: Custome Flex Cables & RJ12 Connectors for NXT

Post by mattallen37 »

Can you please point us to that vendor? I have always thought that the mindsensors prices for the connectors were high.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I have my own cables but would be interested in buying some of the connectors.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
rkirchhof

Post by rkirchhof »

Here is the Vendor info, but like I said 1000 connectors is the Minimum Order. I'll sell them in any Qty. @ 0.30ea. That's about a 100% markup.
I'll have to sell 534 connectors to break even at that price.

Cost of Jacks $55.00 US @ .055ea
Cost of Shipping $80.00 US (Non-Negotiable it's the only form of shipping they'll use)
Cost of Money Transfer $25.00 US (Non-Negotiable Vendor only accepts Wire Transfer directly to vendors account)

Total $160.00 / 1000 = .16

Jinhua Guanyang Electronic Technology Co., LTD
Add: Fuhou Road, Xiaoshun Town, Jinhua City, Zhejiang, China
Web: http://www.jhgya.com/
Tel: + 86-579-82954680 Fax: + 86-579-82960611
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

You would probably get more takers if you sold them in packets of 10 with graduated postage depending on how many packets you buy and forgot about the cashback scheme.

I certainly would be happier to get them that way.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
rkirchhof

Post by rkirchhof »

h-g-t wrote:You would probably get more takers if you sold them in packets of 10 with graduated postage depending on how many packets you buy and forgot about the cashback scheme.

I certainly would be happier to get them that way.

What cash back scheam? Did you look at the eBay add? 50 connectors $20 bucks. (As a bonus I'll make you some cables if you want.)
Make me and offer for 10 then. ($3.00 sound good)

email me at [email protected]
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Or does the $10 only apply to credit sales?

I would be interested in buying 10, or maybe even 20 at $3 for 10, depends on the postage.

I can pay direct by Paypal, since your offer was made via this blog and not through ebay,
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

h-g-t wrote:Or does the $10 only apply to credit sales?
I'm 99% sure that $10 cash back is part of the PayPal credit program. We always pay in full up front, so I'm not really sure how it works.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Ah, didn't realise that, my apologies.
rkirchhof

Post by rkirchhof »

Yeah the $10.00 thing is a Paypal promo and has nothing to do with me.
Okay send me $7.00 via Paypal (An extra buck to make up for there fees) and I mail you 20 connectors.
(Free shipping if it's a US address.) If not let me know and I'll figure out the shipping cost.

I just made my first sale. It was to denmark! Here is my last reply to him.

Okay they are on the way. Thank you for your purchase, and please let us know how they workout for you.
BTW I checked what 50 connectors to Denmark would cost through that other company.

___________Them________________|_________Me_____________
Your order total: __________$62.18__|_$35.00_________________