where are all nxtasy old posts?

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
luca7947

where are all nxtasy old posts?

Post by luca7947 »

I'm a bit shocked, sorry. It was some time I haven't visited nxtasy, and I've now found this.
Nxtasy was a mine of information. Most of it exactly from the same Administrators here, fortunately.
Where have all that gold gone?
Probably at least they have done a sort of backup of their precious posts.
I hope.
helumpago

Re: where are all nxtasy old posts?

Post by helumpago »

NXTasy sort-of... crashed. It was down for about a week, and, according to those who tried, all attempts to reach the original owner went unanswered. After that week, several adult NXTasy users/mods started MindBoards. Nearly all information on NXTasy has been lost, so we're starting from scratch.
"Never insult seven men when all you're packin' is a six shooter" -- Colonel Potter
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

I'm curious what might have been the reasons for the old owner of the nxtasy forum that he didn't reply to any requests.
I guess it's not just because he's dead...
helumpago

Post by helumpago »

doc-helmut wrote:I'm curious what might have been the reasons for the old owner of the nxtasy forum that he didn't reply to any requests.
I guess it's not just because he's dead...
that occurred to me too, but I desperately hope it ain't what happened. It's more likely, I think, that he just lost interest, or the economy shut down the extra funds for keeping nxtasy in cyber-space. Of course, these are all just guesses.
"Never insult seven men when all you're packin' is a six shooter" -- Colonel Potter
megamindstorm

Post by megamindstorm »

I do not think he is dead, while the thought has crossed my mind before I think he just lost interest. I remember about a year after nxtasy started he gave most control to Guy and then just sorta disapeared. However he did come back a year or so later and put a post or two and then left again. He isnt really known for always being there and then just suddenly leaving. I did the same with thenxtstep though I havent been there for months and I rarely go back

which reminds me for those of you wanting some nice source of information, thenxtstep still has plenty of good information loaded in the pages of that forum. I however think I am going to stick to mindboards because I have grown too attached to nxtasy over the time I used them. I used to use thenxtstep but once I found nxtasy I rarely went back. Ocasionally I may post something but for the most part I stick here I know the people ect and it just seems nice here.

i miss reading some of the funny posts like "how do you pronounce technic" which turned into a "lego or legos" and then a zimmer frame contest :P

and also the post by the annoying HEX guy who claimed to program in hex where Xander and Brian made some very very funny posts.
In A World Filled With Seemingly Endless Limitations....
-toshiba a long long time ago
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

megamindstorm wrote: and also the post by the annoying HEX guy who claimed to program in hex where Xander and Brian made some very very funny posts.
You mean PeterP16?
PeterP16 wrote:Ahoy there! Do any of you NXTasy users program your Lego Mindatorms NXT in Machine Code (Hex)? I find it is fairly simple, once you've learned all the...
He spelt "Mindstorms" wrong. ;)

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
luca7947

Post by luca7947 »

Ok.
I understand that the situation is , say, unrecoverable.
It's great that this community is restarting the machine!
alpharhinonxt

Post by alpharhinonxt »

You can always view the cached pages of the site which were updated sometime in august
I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
megamindstorm

Post by megamindstorm »

yes I do mean peter :P

how can I view the cached version? and we should get some people to save every post from that site :P and put it somewhere somehow. or at least save the nice usefull/funny ones.
In A World Filled With Seemingly Endless Limitations....
-toshiba a long long time ago
nxtreme

Post by nxtreme »

Go to Google.com or do a Google search. Find the "Advanced Search" link. Open it. Type in "forums.nxtasy.org" under the "Search within a site or domain:" box. Now, adjust the other options to your liking. Then, hit enter or click the search button. You will now have a list of links (hopefully). Bottom right of each link: "Cached". Should help some, has helped me :).
Search NXTasy.jpg
Search NXTasy.jpg (59.67 KiB) Viewed 16159 times
-EDIT- Should add that you can also do this without having to go to the advanced search page. Just put down your keywords in Google and add "site:forums.nxtasy.org" after it. From the picture it is rather obvious.
One King to rule them all, One King to find them,
One King to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
On Earth where Shadows lie.