Measuring the current that my robots consume

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
udaihasan

Measuring the current that my robots consume

Post by udaihasan »

Hi all,

I need to get the current value consumed by my mindstorm robot !

as you know , there is some instruction to report the battery voltage over Bluetooth to some base-station , do we have any kind of instructions to get the current measurement ?

I am using a beaglebone in my project as well and in the Power Management IC of the beaglebone , there is a shunt resistor that could be used to calculate the current by just reading the voltage drop across the resistor !! do we have something similar in Mindstorm ??!!

any help would be appreciated ... thanks :D
h-g-t

Re: Measuring the current that my robots consume

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
udaihasan

Post by udaihasan »

Thank you very much for this link i think this will help

but do we have cheaper way to do it , i mean don't we have any built-in circuity in the Robot to report consumed current !?

if you can provide me with a link for the detailed datasheet for the Mindstorm circuity i could investigate this myself :)

thanks
aswin0

Post by aswin0 »

I think the sensor mentioned above measures current of devices outside the NXT. So without hacking your NXT it won't help you.

Aswin
My blog: nxttime.wordpress.com
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
aswin0

Post by aswin0 »

I stand corrected
My blog: nxttime.wordpress.com