NXC interface to smartphone cam?

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
HaWe

Re: NXC interface to smartphone cam?

Post by HaWe »

you confuse the order of posts. The order was the following.

1) My fist post was a simple question.

2) Xander's reaction was: learn how to program !

3) my reply was: it you don't know the answer to my question, don't give me advice that I have to learn to program

So the first one who was offending was Xander, I was just reacting to that arrogant attitude, I made that clear, and I think now it is clear.
There was no need to warm up the issue any more, and if this is the talk of respect, that would rather be sent to the address of Xander.

(Anyway, if I was the moderator of this forum, I meanwhile had tacitly deleted the off-topic posts just keeping the TOP standing.)
aswin0

Post by aswin0 »

If you don't mind getting your pc involved and pay for some software then this might be an easy solution.
You could use Some software to turn your phone into a webcam. See http://arelab.blogspot.com/2012/10/how- ... ebcam.html
Then you could use roborealm with your new webcam to process the videostream and to detect whatever you want. This needs very little programming, Roborealm works with modules that need configuring not programming. And it has a module to control or talk to a NXT. I found it a joy to work with Roborealm.

Doc, Would you please ask one of the moderators to remove some of the previous posts in this thread?
My blog: nxttime.wordpress.com
circuitmage

Post by circuitmage »

That was my first impression of this site originally, based on the responses I received.

But, keep in mind the local audience. People working with robots tend not to have the best "people" skills.

Also, there is a wealth of information and experience here on a very specific subject. And the response time is generally fast.
inxt-generation

Post by inxt-generation »

circuitmage wrote:But, keep in mind the local audience. People working with robots tend not to have the best "people" skills.
Amen to that.
A.K.A. NeXT-Generation.
"A kingdom of heaven for RobotC now has recursion!"
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

yes aswin, I already was thinking about a PC based solution, but both in our garden (e.g., for my lawn mower robot), as well in our house there is at many places a real bad WiFi and/or BT connection to my PC (if no reception at all). So an autonomous solution would be essential (and of course, more versatile).
A pity if it does not exist such an app, especially since nowadays almost everyone owns a smartphone. Most of them got dual core or even quad core processors and so should have enough computational power to process color recognition (at least at a quite simple level).
BTW, for those who are interested, I meanwhile found another video showing the old Vision Command as a quite simple image processing software (my own one once was running on an old Pentium II single core PC + Win98 - now of course to be set up on a smartphone instead: the smartphone analyses the "regions" or "areas", the NXC program which one has to write decides how to handle the information and what to do ). So one could also imagine such a thing - or something completely different, of course:

But no problem if already it doesn't exist either kind of this or anything else, I'll wait and see.
HaWe

Post by HaWe »