NXT servo motor robustness

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
philoo

Re: NXT servo motor robustness

Post by philoo »

Normally the gears are already greased... It is not possible to open the case fully without destroying the orange hub, but you can peek inside and even remove motor core to see if it turns freely. Maybe these photos can help: http://www.philohome.com/nxtmotor/nxtmotor.htm
Philo
aagruntpuddock

Post by aagruntpuddock »

I have seen references to the linear actuators being available through the Lego shop but I have searched everywhere and can only see them listed on ebay.
Apparently the ones sold through Lego Education have an adapter included to fix it to normal Lego, but the ebay ones are just the bare item.
Anyone know if/where lego are selling these?
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

aagruntpuddock wrote:I have seen references to the linear actuators being available through the Lego shop but I have searched everywhere and can only see them listed on ebay.
Apparently the ones sold through Lego Education have an adapter included to fix it to normal Lego, but the ebay ones are just the bare item.
What does that have to do with the topic?
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
doc222

Post by doc222 »

aagruntpuddock wrote:I have seen references to the linear actuators being available through the Lego shop but I have searched everywhere and can only see them listed on ebay.

I would get them at a Bricklink seller. I needed a few for my X2 project and a few spairs just in case I break one(i tend to push Lego a bit to far). I paid under 8$ for the Linear ram and the "hinged bracket".(the one used for most cases) Lego Education sells them as well, but they want 15$! EACH, but you get both brackets.

The OP added this linear issue as well, he was worried about how well they are built since Lego was replacing some and not others(in kits). I have been using the OLD linears now for a time in X2 and after adding special oil they seem to work very well. Im happy with the old ones.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein
defcon102

Post by defcon102 »

Didnt feel the urge to start a new topic, so here we go:

Edited by Mightor: start a new topic. Topic hijacking is not tolerated, especially when it's so blatant.