German vs. English box

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
zoltansz

German vs. English box

Post by zoltansz »

Dear all, I am planning to order Mindstorms NXT 2.0 from Amazon.de, the German site. according to their pictures, the box has German captions. Since I would like to use English menus and NXT-G software (the box doesn't matter), this is a question for those of you who have the German versions if the language of the brick's UI and NXT-G are German or English? If they're German then can they be set to English somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Z
muntoo

Re: German vs. English box

Post by muntoo »

zoltansz wrote:Dear all, I am planning to order Mindstorms NXT 2.0 from Amazon.de, the German site. according to their pictures, the box has German captions. Since I would like to use English menus and NXT-G software (the box doesn't matter), this is a question for those of you who have the German versions if the language of the brick's UI and NXT-G are German or English? If they're German then can they be set to English somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Z
Even if the "Brick's UI" is German (I wouldn't know), you could always download the Firmware off Lego's site, and it'll be English.

There's also the NBC/NXC Enhanced Firmware, definitely not German.

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
mightor
Site Admin

Post by mightor »

The German box has an international version of NXT-G, it has German, Dutch, French and some others. You can chose when you first start the installation in which language you'd like the NXT-G program to be in. The firmware is always in English.

- Xander
| My Blog: I'd Rather Be Building Robots (http://botbench.com)
| RobotC 3rd Party Driver Suite: (http://rdpartyrobotcdr.sourceforge.net)
| Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use threads,"
| and then two they hav erpoblesms. (@nedbat)
zoltansz

Post by zoltansz »

Thanks for your quick help! I ordered a German box and waiting impatiently ;)

Regards,
Z
rghansen

Post by rghansen »

I bought my NXT 2.0 kit in Germany. Although the box and the manual are in German, the NXT-G software lets you choose between German, English, French, and Dutch.