Website Published

Discuss anything and everything. Keep it clean (or else).
themindstormman

Re: Website Published

Post by themindstormman »

ok.
and why can't someone just copy your source code and make their own site exactly like yours?
Themindstormman3141
Website admin of themindstormman3141.com
NXT FOR ALL
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

themindstormman wrote:ok.
and why can't someone just copy your source code and make their own site exactly like yours?
If you are asking, "why are you not able to?", then I don't know. I don't know anything about HTML code. You know more about it than I do, so you'd just have to poke around on the internet for information on that. But if you meant, "why are you not allowed to?" then, some might call that plagiarizing. But if you did that, and cotumized it to your own liking to promote your own stuff, then the person who originally wrote that source code, or anyone else for that matter, might not notice.
-Hayden
themindstormman

that makes sense. maybe we should move to PMing?
Themindstormman3141
NXT FOR ALL
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

themindstormman wrote:that makes sense. maybe we should move to PMing?
Why? This is raising our post counts! And we will be looked upon as ver active members of this forum! Infact, this is my 100TH post! Muahahaha! And besides, by the time we finish this conversation, we'd have filled our in-boxes and sent items folders 75% percent of the way, and it'd be nice to save that storage if we can. Ofcoarse, we wouldn't just use this topic to spontaneously start new topics, but you get the idea.
Last edited by haydenstudios on 30 May 2011, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
-Hayden
themindstormman

your right. Ihave a job making html websites for people. it's easy and fun.
Themindstormman3141
NXT FOR ALL
themindstormman

got to go bye.
Themindstormman3141
NXT FOR ALL
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

haydenstudios wrote:
themindstormman wrote:ok.
If you are asking, "why are you not able to?", then I don't know. I don't know anything about HTML code. You know more about it than I do, so you'd just have to poke around on the internet for information on that. But if you meant, "why are you not allowed to?" then, some might call that plagiarizing. But if you did that, and cotumized it to your own liking to promote your own stuff, then the person who originally wrote that source code, or anyone else for that matter, might not notice.
It is actually possable... I have done it with the BricxCC Website and the nxtRICedit website. Just right click and go 'save' or 'view source'.
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

haydenstudios wrote:
themindstormman wrote:LOL :lol: I'm using my email built in spell check.
So you mean to say that you're getting into your E-mail software, (i.e. Outlook Express) clicking "compose message", pasting in your stuff, clicking spell check, and finally pasting that spelling-checked text back into the pace where that web site's original text resided? And you repeat this process each time you go to a different piece of text? That would be time consuming.
Did you know that Google Chrome has a built in spell checker?
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

Warning: The Nitpicker is here.

First of all, use a Spell Checker.

-----

I've got a few tips...

The HTML H*** Page (WARNING: May contain some "bad language"... Nothing you haven't heard in school if your 13+, though.)

Your colors should be something you've got to say. Do you picture freedom? White clouds.. blue sky... Doom? Bloodred flashes of darkness... A sharp contrast between the dark and light... provide a hopeless experience. (That's the worst advice I've ever given. :) )

Try using Color Scheme Designer to pick nice colors that go together. The Green background doesn't look too appropriate with the black and white. Fool around with Color Scheme Designer, and you should get something that looks awesome - settle with nothing less. Oh, and make sure your text is readable, if you pick something other than dark grey* on a light shade of any color.

*Don't use plain black on white. Pick dark grey for the text (like this text; it uses #333333), and a light shade of any color you choose (#ECF3F7).

Typography

-----

Web Developer Tools!
  • Get Chrome or Firefox. IE is horrible for web development. You can argue all you want [Sidneys1 :)], but why do you think every professional web designer uses FF? (Or Chrome.) Good job for using Firefox!
  • Firebug - A must have for web development. Chrome's Built-in Developer Tools are also pretty decent. If you insist on using IE, you can use Firebug Lite.
  • An IDE. You are using NetBeans, aren't you?
-----
The Bad
  • [...]
  • NXT-G is endorsed by lego
  • NXT-G is much more user friendly
And how is that bad? :) The second one can actually be considered good.
(And yes, I may be taking things a bit too literally, but that is how I interpreted it at first.)

P.S. You missed The Ugly.

-----
this website is in the copy write of themindsormman3141. you may not take any information off this site without my permission.
Legally, that doesn't give your website any "Copyright". It should be:
Copyright (C) 2011 themindsormman3141
(The (C) is optional.)
you may not take any information off this site without my permission.
Wow, that's harsh. You should choose one of the Creative Commons licenses, and if not that, at least allow people to quote you. (I'm not entirely sure if you can prevent people from quoting you.)

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

I know. i'm running it threw spell checkers now but it's a long and painful process
Oh god, make it stop! Image

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit