Robot Building Tips

Share your building instructions or ask questions about constructing your robot
stryker001

Re: Robot Building Tips

Post by stryker001 »

Oh yes, high school geometry. :) I occasionally use a modified version of the 30º-60º-90º, it's more like 28º-62º-90º I think. Might be the other way around.

On the topic of color schemes:
They definitely are nice, but they can be so much more than that: if you get stuck, try a different color scheme and you might build an entirely different robot.

- Stryker
thomdaley

Re: Robot Building Tips

Post by thomdaley »

Sorry about being late to this thread but here's my advice, keep breaking down your robot and build it back up from existing build plans out there. In my opinion it is just like programming, you learn a whole lot from building, breaking down and rebuilding. I taught myself C, perl, python and other scripting languages from looking at stuff that was out there and changing things to fit them to what I wanted to do. I don't see how that would be different from building. You keep pulling your robot apart and building a new one from designs you can find wherever (books, websites, etc) and then when you have an idea you've built up a foundation that then helps you design and build on your own.

Good Luck