Hidden Advanced features of NXTG

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
creator1

Hidden Advanced features of NXTG

Post by creator1 »

for windows user, under the profile folder, setting.ini
search for
Enable Advanced Features=FALSE
change to
Enable Advanced Features=TRUE

then, more datatype will be available: logic array, number array, integer array, text array

what are these for ?
h-g-t

Re: Hidden Advanced features of NXTG

Post by h-g-t »

Tried it on NXT-G 2.0 but couldn't see any new data types.

Did find this on http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?p=59832

Originally Posted by Dean Hystad View Post

One thing you may find beneficial is enabling advanced features. Go to the directory for the profile you are using. It will be something like :

C:\Users\***\LEGO Creations\MINDSTORMS Projects\Profiles\Default

In that directory there is a file named "settings.ini". In the file there is a line:

Enable Advanced Features=FALSE

Change the "FALSE" to a "TRUE" to enable advanced features.

The only useful "Advanced Feature" I've found is enhanced editing for wiring. With advanced features turned on you can see the connection point where wires pass into/out of switches and loops. It also highlights wire segments when they are selected in the editor.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

There are a few cool tools at the bottom of this page: http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html

In addition to showing user settings, there's a "remove bad wires" function.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I managed to install the 'remove bad wires' function while I was using NXT-G (before moving to BCC).

Out of interest, I have just tried installing the 'User settings' one but got lost very quickly.

Where exactly should I put the file (no, don't say it!) and just what does it do anyway?
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.